Monday, November 23, 2009

Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike


021 by you.


020 by you.



014 by you.




009 by you.
Dress: Nick and Mo, bought at Filene's Basement, NYC; Boots: Kady Cognac, Target; tights: Target.
Listening to: The Luckiest, Ben Folds.
(aka the first dance song at our wedding)



Today was one of those days. It was a stressful (but necessary) weekend because of the impromptu trip to Alabama, and I almost did not make it into the office because I was tired. And I was rushed and didn't have time to make lunch. But I was good and went in anyways, and it was great that I did because we had our potluck Thanksgiving lunch today! I totally forgot to bring something in so I contributed to the ham/turkey fund. There are some pretty talented cooks/bakers in my office so it was a wonderful break from the normal.

Do you ever feel like you tone down your personal style for the office? I feel like I do a bit. I'm not saying there is a huge rift between my personal and professional styles, but I think that my office culture dissuades being super-creative. The environment is conservative with a capital C.
There seems to be an unspoken rule that most of the women should wear Banana Republic or J. Crew or some close variation of those brands. I like those stores and think their styling is cute, but when everyone wears a combination of the Fall 2009 catalog, it can get clone-y. I think I am slowly going to try to work my personality in and experiment with what I have. It's unfortunate that some of the clothes, accessories and jewelry that make me feel great about myself can be perceived as too dated, too romantic, too tarty in the office -- and only because they might be a vibrant color or a couple inches above the knee.

What about you? Do you feel that your office affects the way you dress yourself? Or do you feel comfortable enough with your co-workers to experiment with your wardrobe everyday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails